Presents methods to identify vulnerabilities and take appropriate countermeasures to prevent and mitigate failure risks for an organization. It will take an enterprise-wide approach to developing a disaster recovery plan.
- Understand key functions of the disaster plan & have the ability to Implement disaster recovery procedures.
- Know information security, basic concepts of risk management & how to conduct risk assessments/implement risk mitigation.
- Identify & define the components of contingency planning.
- Know concerns/trade-offs to be managed when assembling the final IR plan, understand elements of an incident recovery response, & be aware of the impact of selecting a reaction strategy, developing a notification mechanism,& the creation of escalation guidelines.
- Know relationships between the overall use of contingency planning & the subordinate elements of incident response, business resumption, disaster recovery,& business continuity planning.
- Recognize critical elements compose the response phase of the DR plan.
- Know methodology used to construct the business continuity policy & plan, be able to participate in such a planning process when required.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.