Provide students with the necessary understanding and abilities to apply computer and network security fundamentals and methods. Upon completion of this online course a student should be able to have successfully taken the CompTIA?s Security+ certification exam and received a CompTIA Security+ industry certification.
- Differentiate/distinguish between the different network design elements, components, ports and protocols, their respective threats & mitigation techniques.
- Identify& apply industry best practices for access control methods.
- Deploy various authentication models & identify the components of each.
- Conduct periodic audits of system security settings & know how to improve analysis by auditing network security procedures & carry out vulnerability assessments using common tools.
- Use monitoring tools on systems/networks & direct security-related anomalies.
- Determine the appropriate use of network security tools.
- Know authentication models & their components.