This course addresses information security on mobile devices. Topics include information to be protected; risks involved; types of mobile devices; information at rest and in motion; encryption; attack scenario vulnerabilities; and aspects of defense-in-depth controls.
- Given the fact that companies are facing an increasing use of mobile devices, examine the elements that need to be protected.
- Given the fact that companies have a duty to protect assets, assess the risks presented by mobile devices.
- Given the need for employees and others to interact effectively with applications and data, inventory the diverse mobile devices that can interact.
- Given states of information at rest and in motion, evaluate the interaction of mobile devices and mobile data.
- Given the need for encrypting data, explain the fundamentals and implementation of cryptography to protect data in a mobile environment.
- Given the need to protect systems from attacks, evaluate the use of layered security to establish defense-in-depth controls.
- Given an organization's cybersecurity goals and objectives, set up a mobile security policy.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.