The course introduces the automated information systems (AIS) environment and the threats and vulnerabilities faced when working within the government or defense industrial systems. It provides a working knowledge of cyber intrusion methods and cybersecurity countermeasures to assist employees in preventing cyber attacks and protecting their systems and information.
• Identify the key indicators of the cyber threat:
- Spear phishing and spoofed emails
- Emails with malicious links or attachments
- Stolen logon credentials
- Use of weak or default passwords
- Unpatched or outdated software vulnerabilities
- Removable media
- Website vulnerabilities
• Identify countermeasures to safeguard against cyber threats
• Recognize the types of suspicious cyber events and behaviors that should be reported and identify how to report them
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.