This course teaches basic to intermediate techniques used in performing malware analysis in support of investigations. Students create analytical reports resulting from static and dynamic analysis of malware that can be used to develop mitigation strategies.
- Identify and describe common traits of malware
- Explain the process and procedures for safe handling of malware
- Examine and analyze malware using static and dynamic analysis techniques
- Explain the main components of the Windows operating system affected by malware
- Explain the procedures for creating an isolated and forensically sound malware analysis lab (“sandbox”)
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.