This course provides the foundation for understanding the key issues associated with protecting information assets, determining the levels of protection and response to security incidents, and designing a consistent, reasonable information security system, with appropriate intrusion detection and reporting features. Coverage will include inspection and protection of information assets, detection of and reaction to threats to information assets, and examination of pre- and post-incident procedures, technical and managerial responses, and an overview of the information security planning and staffing functions.
- Explain the fundamental concepts of information security including the principles, definitions and architecture
- Recognize the need to integrate information security with the business architecture
- Describe and evaluate methodologies used to identify risks, vulnerabilities, and threats in organizations’ processes and how to mitigate their impact
- Describe the layers of the security architecture and evaluate technologies that can be implemented to secure each layer
- Construct security audits, penetration testing, continuity of operations planning and disaster recovery