This course provides an introduction to Linux administration. Topics include installation, configuration, mounting drives, user and group administration, file system administration and management, process control, and network and computer security concepts and tools.
- Partition, format, and install Linux in a virtual machine, including updating system
- Perform file manipulation and file system navigation
- Perform access control manipulation, including changing permissions, adding users and groups
- Perform advancing searching using regular expressions
- Perform security functions using symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Find and draw upon resources available in Linux for administrative tasks
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.