This is a hands-on course where you will learn the theory and practice of digital forensics. You will learn about general forensic procedures, evidence handling, how to create a forensic copy and verify it, how to perform a logical and physical analysis of media, how to recover deleted files, and learn about laws applying to digital forensics.
- Demonstrate and understanding of computer forensics and investigation as a profession
- Demonstrate an understanding of computing investigations
- Demonstrate an understanding of the processing crime and incident scenes
- Create a forensic copy of a piece of digital media
- Verify a forensic copy using multiple one-way cryptographic hashes
- Identify structures of the FAT file system
- Recover deleted files manually
- Discuss laws related to computer evidence
- Create professional quality forensic reports
- Discuss ethics in digital forensics
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.