Fundamentals of computer security technology, including cryptography, authentication, digital signatures, firewalls, intrusion detection, and network security tools and applications. Linux is used heavily throughout the course as it is a very commonly deployed operating system for servers (Google, Facebook, Twitter, IBM, and many other companies use Linux).
- Design, deploy, and customize a firewall based on security policies
- Design, deploy, and customize intrusion detection system based on security policies
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer authentication, as well as how to audit passwords
- Demonstrate an understanding of cryptography, as well as how to deploy public/private key cryptography
- Demonstrate how to cope with ethical issues regarding security in organizations
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.