Fundamentals of computer security technology, including cryptography, authentication, digital signatures, firewalls, intrusion detection, and network security tools and applications. Linux is used heavily throughout the course as it is a very commonly deployed operating system for servers (Google, Facebook, Twitter, IBM, and many other companies use Linux).
- Design, deploy, and customize a firewall based on security policies
- Design, deploy, and customize intrusion detection system based on security policies
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer authentication, as well as how to audit passwords
- Demonstrate an understanding of cryptography, as well as how to deploy public/private key cryptography
- Demonstrate how to cope with ethical issues regarding security in organizations
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.