This course will provide an overview of information security from both the perspectives of the organization and that of personal computing. Topics include security management practices, physical security, security architecture, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, access control systems, security controls, cryptography, telecommunications and network security, operations security, law and ethics, and personal computer security.
- Discuss effective security management practices
- Discuss the rationale and methods for controlling access to network systems.
- Describe cryptography and symmetric & asymmetric key cryptography
- Discuss security models and operations security.
- Discuss software application and database security issues.
- Discuss disaster recovery, business continuity, and legal & ethical issues.
- Describe the threats to physical security.
- Discuss topics relevant to security for personal computers.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.