Practical Malware Analysis
- Learn how to analyze malware, including computer viruses, trojans, and rootkits, using basic static analysis and dynamic analysis, including IDA Pro and other tools.
- Describe types of malware, including rootkits, Trojans, and viruses.
- Perform basic static analysis with antivirus scanning and strings.
- Perform malware analysis in virtual machines.
- Perform basic dynamic analysis with a sandbox.
- Use IDA Pro to analyze assembly code and malicious Windows programs.
- Use OllyDbg and Win Dbg effectively.
- Analyze malware behavior and covert malware launching techniques.
- Implement and reverse data encoding methods.
- Use malware-focused network signatures.
- Describe anti-reverse-engineering methods.