- Fundamentals, techniques, and procedures to design an effective secure Internet connection using software or hardware firewalls.
- Discussion of types of firewalls, packet filtering, proxy servers, Intrusion Detection Systems, and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
- Assess network security vulnerabilities when connected to the Internet.
- Analyze and evaluate the features of firewalls.
- Apply and configure common solutions and strategies, including packet filters, NAT (Network Address Translation), and Proxy servers.
- Design and implement various solutions for different business models for strength of security, speed, cost, and complexity.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.