- Forensics tools, methods and procedures for investigating computers.
- Data recovery techniques and evidence collection, protection of evidence, expert witness skills and computer crime investigation techniques.
- Analysis of various file systems and specialized diagnostic software to retrieve data.
- Prepares in part for CompTIA Security+ and maps to Computer Investigation Specialists exam.
- Define and describe computer forensics investigations.
- Compare and contrast the various operating systems and file systems.
- Evaluate and choose appropriate software, hardware, and tools to equip a Forensics Lab.
- Retrieve and analyze data from a suspect's computer.
- Create investigative reports and act as an expert witness.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.