Students in this course will learn how to properly identify, preserve, analyze, examine data and report on mobile device data. Students will also be taught how to effectively conduct investigations involving mobile devices. Content will include analog and digital telephone networks and technologies surrounding cellular technology. Concepts of off the chip extraction and analysis will be discussed. Content will include analog and digital telephone networks and technologies surrounding cellular technology.
- Apply sound mobile forensic analysis principles to practical investigations.
- Troubleshoot issues related to mobile device data extraction hardware and software tools.
- Perform online research on various mobile forensic topics.
- Discuss the processes of mobile forensic analysis on an advanced level.
- Articulate legal principles based on current case law and advanced concepts surrounding the 4th Amendment.
- Identify artifacts within various mobile device extraction captures: Logical, File System and Physical.
- Describe issues related to mobile device forensics.
- Learn about available mobile device data extraction tools.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.