This course will teach students to preserve and analyze data on a range of mobile electronic devices, examples of these include: mobile phones; tablets; eBook readers and GPS systems. At the conclusion of the course students will be able to use and evaluate different methods of data preservation, including removal and download of data from silicon chips, software synchronization and forensic software. Students will also be able to develop methods of interpreting data copied from these devices.
- Conduct and report on the analysis of a mobile device
- Develop and evaluate methodologies for mobile device analysis
- Evaluate risks associated with different mobile device preservation techniques
- Use a range of methods for preserving data from mobile devices
- Identify the legal issues associated with examining telecommunications devices