- Evaluate the malware threat facing organizations and individuals
- Identify different types of malware and describe their capabilities including propagation and persistence mechanisms, payloads and defense strategies
- Categorize the different infection vectors used by malware to propagate
- Examine an operating system to determine if it has been compromised and evaluate the method of compromise
- Use static and dynamic techniques to analyze malware and determine its purpose and method of operation
- Write reports evaluating malware behavior, methods of compromise, purpose and method of operation.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.