- Describe ways to incorporate security into the design of software systems and Web server and e-commerce applications.
- Articulate best practices and user policies related to developing software systems and installing Internet server applications.
- Determine the security vulnerabilities of various software tools as well as various Web (and other) server applications software, and design mechanisms to mitigate those vulnerabilities.
- Describe the process for maintaining secure software and Internet server systems.
- Apply best information security practices for software systems to the specific needs of an organization.
- Select the optimal tools for implementing software systems and server-based Internet applications given project constraints.
- Document the impact and management of secure software and server systems, and the impact on the organization, for both professional peers and managers (technical and non-technical).
- Understand and use cryptography used on the web and the mechanisms for deploying a public key system.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.