This course will focus on economic and other crimes perpetrated over the Internet or other telecommunications networks. This course will discuss crimes ranging from auction fraud and social engineering to e-mail scams and phishing. Network forensics and investigative techniques will also be presented.
- Understand different types of cybercrime and relate how cybercrime can be a component of almost every crime
- Understand the legal and technical tools needed to investigate cybercrime
- Identify and extract digital artifacts and use them as investigative leads
- Conduct online reconnaissance on technical and human targets
- Explain technical evidence using a common language level so non-technical people can understand
- Understand international issues and cooperation in cybercrime investigation
- Understand the challenges and potential in cybercrime investigation in the future