This course focuses on the management of a digital forensics laboratory. Topics will include best practices in lab operation, policies and procedures, case management, evidence management, and personnel training and certification. Issues related to workflow, information storage, technology, equipment, and security of evidence and other information will also be integrated into activities about operating a modern computer forensics lab. American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD) accreditation and compliance with standards such as ISO 17025 will also be discussed.
- Manage computer forensics lab operations
- Discuss and describe the pros and cons of accreditation
- Plan, manage and supervise a digital forensics laboratory
- Manage budget, personnel, facility, hardware and software
- Evaluate case management and evidence handling within the lab
- Address and respond to defense challenges to forensics evidence