This course will provide students with the opportunity to integrate all disciplines and competencies that have been learned in this program into a single work-based project, internship experience, or other appropriate activity. The project will be the culmination of a student's studies integrated in their area of specialization or expertise. In cooperation with an advisor, the student will design, research, and implement a project that is comprehensive in nature and which addresses, to the extent feasible, all core areas of knowledge around which the program has been built.
- Systematically identify and evaluate literature relevant to a specific topic.
- Plan and conduct research in the field of digital forensic science.
- Design and implement methods of data collection in order to address a specific question
- Evaluate the limitations of different methods of data collection.
- Interpret results, draw conclusions, and defend the conclusions from data collected.
- Communicate the results of original research in both written and/or oral form.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.