Information is everywhere. With the proper training, the right information can be found and transformed into actionable intelligence for investigations, research, analysis and valuable insight to help detect and mitigate risks. In this hands-on workshop, students will learn the tools and techniques used in the field of Social Media Intelligence (Also known as Open Source Intelligence (OSINT). With special emphasis on social media monitoring, the training is designed to enable security professionals and law enforcement to better discover and evaluate threats, and to conduct efficient and effective online investigations.
Upon completion of the training, participants will:
• Become familiar with a wide range of social media platforms and the tools and techniques needed to get the most out of these sources
• Be able to build a real-time threat-detection system on their own laptop
• Be able to conduct online investigations to uncover a target's background and network of contacts, while staying safe and not compromising their online identity
• Gain insight to monitoring extremist groups on Telegram and other platforms
Who should attend?
• Security and Threat Intelligence Professionals: Enhance your career and skills and learn to proactively identify insider threat activities.
• Attorneys: Enhance legal activities, investigations and interviewing skills by creating an awareness of insider motivation and techniques.
• Managers and Executives: Understand insider threat indicators, motivation and tradecraft to prioritize and address risk.
• Risk, Compliance and Human Resource Professionals: Understand insider threats and enhance knowledge of potential risks before they happen.
• Federal Agents and Law Enforcement: Master techniques to identify insider threats for advanced investigations and to improve job skills.
Requirements - IMPORTANT - BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOP
• Participants will receive: Certificate of Completion