Insider threats can devastate an organization. These threats are often hard to detect and are caused by negligent insiders, malicious insiders and/or external actors who infiltrate an organization. Insiders may be current or former employees, contractors, vendors, or trusted third parties. Insider attack strategies including cyber, physical, human and technology, often using a combination of these tactics. Motivations can be anything from financial gain to wanting to disrupt operations to get back at the company because of a bad review or missed promotion. Using threat intelligence skills and techniques to understand insider threats allows you to proactively defend your environment.
This one-day training provides attendees with an understanding and awareness of insider threats. Insider threats can devastate an organization.
Principal objectives of this course:
• Understand the definition of an insider threat this includes malicious and the accidental insider threat
• Enhance awareness of insider motivation
• Recognize insider tradecraft and techniques
• Identify insider related indicators
• Review legal aspects of insider threat programs
• Detecting insider threats
• Understand counterintelligence techniques
• Review insider threat programs
Who should attend?
• Security and Threat Intelligence Professionals: Enhance your career and skills and learn to proactively identify insider threat activities.
• Attorneys: Enhance legal activities, investigations and interviewing skills by creating an awareness of insider motivation and techniques.
• Managers and Executives: Understand insider threat indicators, motivation and tradecraft to prioritize and address risk.
• Risk, Compliance and Human Resource Professionals: Understand insider threats and enhance knowledge of potential risks before they happen.
• Federal Agents and Law Enforcement: Master techniques to identify insider threats for advanced investigations and to improve job skills. Participants will receive:
• Certificate of Completion
• Continuing Education Credits Available.