The focus is on definitions, theoretical foundations, and rigorous proofs of security. In this class, we will study various cryptographic protocols and algorithms.
- Students will be able to use Cryptography as an effective tool to help achieve security goals.
- The students will be able to understand how problems related to simple programming errors can result in major security holes.
- Students will be able to use cryptography correctly and maximize its effectiveness
- Students will be able to identify the core techniques of cryptography and how they can be applied to meet various security objectives.
- Students will learn how to apply the techniques described in this course in a variety of security applications.
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.