Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) is the Department of Defense’s (DoD) newest verification mechanism, designed to ensure that cybersecurity controls and processes adequately protect Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) that resides on Defense Industrial Base (DIB) systems and networks. DoD will require third-party assessments of DoD contractors' compliance with CMMC/NIST 800-171 practices, procedures and capabilities via DFARS 252.204-7012. All DoD contractors should immediately learn the CMMC's technical requirements and prepare not only for certification, but long-term cybersecurity agility.
This 40-hour course provides an comprehensive overview of the CMMC model and the certification process. The model consists of 171 separate practices, 17 domains, and 5 processes. Tools and techniques for complying with the model, and approaches for preparing for a certification assessment will be provided.
You will learn to:
- Recognize the structure and key elements of the model
- Conduct a self-assessment to determine your readiness for an external audit
- Implement improvement plans to address self-assessment gaps
- Select an external assessor and negotiate the scope of the assessment
- Prepare for a successful audit
- Address compliance issues raised in the audit