This course provides professionals with the requisite skills to make high-quality decisions and embrace risk and uncertainty with respect to developing, deploying and managing organizational business continuity, disaster recovery and incident management planning activities.
This course presents an examination of the organization and processes necessary to effectively respond to risk-based events, within the perspective of business continuity and disaster planning, by identifying and discussing concepts, steps and processes of effective and proactive risk management.
After completing Part 2 of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define risk in terms of recovery planning and the effect on the organization.
- Recognize, with greater confidence, the concepts and practices of effective risk management.
- Identify the principle functions of the risk management process.
- Develop the necessary processes to assess and analyze risk related to business continuity and disaster recovery planning activities.
Calculate and quantify overall risk to the organization
- Distinguish the necessary steps to undertake an assessment of risk exposure
- Differentiate the extent to which the recovery depends on pre-planned resources and pre-defined actions.
- Recognize the importance of RTOs and RPOs in the risk management process.
- Document the steps in performing a risk assessment.
- Improve practices aimed at protecting the assets of the organization.