The continued successful operation of an organization depends on senior management's awareness of potential disasters, their ability and commitment to support the development of a plan that minimizes disruptions of critical functions and the responsiveness and capabilities of the organization s entire team, to recover essential operations expediently and successfully. This program examines the various causes of computer failure, and presents feasible alternatives for recovery. Session participants will examine the key components of disaster recovery, business continuity and incident management planning, how to measure the effectiveness of their organization's business recovery, continuity and planning program, and what questions they should be asking to determine their organization's overall preparedness to endure a disaster "event".
- Pinpoint security requirements necessary for effective recovery operations.
- Define the requirements necessary in order to declare an incident (plan activation).
- Conduct an assessment of an incident event".
- Understand the actions required to recover from a major incident.
- Appreciate the extent to which the recovery depends on pre-planned resources and pre-defined actions.
- Identify the options available for recovery and how to select those most appropriate.
- Develop continuity plans which help to minimize potential economic loss to the enterprise.
- Identify strategies designed to decrease potential exposures leading to and resulting from a "disaster event".
- Reduce the probability of disaster occurrence within their organization.
- Identify policies and procedures designed to reduce disruptions to operations.
- Implement proactive plans to ensure organizational stability.
- Develop policies and procedures which will provide for an orderly recovery, and minimize insurance premiums.
- Identify practices aimed at protecting the assets of the organization.
- Create continuity plans which ensure the safety of personnel and customers, and minimizing the organization's legal liability.
- Improve the quality of decision-making during a disastrous event.