National CAE Designated Institution
Healthcare Information for IT Professionals integrates material from all courses within the program curriculum while placing emphasis on the Certified Associate in Health Information & Management Services (CAHIMS) certification. This course prepares students for the practical application of Information Technology in a clinical setting.
- A. explain the regulatory environment of health settings;
- B. describe the organizational structure and appropriate behavior for the medical workplace;
- C. identify Information Technology skills required for the healthcare setting;
- D. explain the impact of Information Technology on medical business operations; and
- E. demonstrate an understanding of Information Technology security with regard to health considerations.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.