This course covers fundamentals of Computer Technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware and networking basics. Skills will be covered in installation and configuration of PC operating systems as well as configuring common features (eg. network connectivity) for mobile OS Android & Apple OS. In addition, this class will help students gain the skills required for the nationally recognized CompTIA A+ certification exam.
- A. identify basic computer assembly steps, maintenance, and functions;
- B. recognize fundamental computer networking concepts;
- C. describe features of various portable and mobile devices;
- D. use troubleshooting theory to apply basic hardware, software, and network troubleshooting skills; and
- E. recognize security concepts related to information technology.