This course will teach you the fundamental principles of installing and configuring cybersecurity controls and participating in incident response and risk mitigation. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam by providing 100% coverage of the objectives and content examples listed on the syllabus. Study of the course can also help to build the prerequisites to study more advanced IT security qualifications, such as CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA)+, CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), and ISC’s CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend them.
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
- Install and configure network- and host-based security technologies.
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
- Summarize application and coding vulnerabilities and identify development and deployment methods designed to mitigate them.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.