The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is a certification targeted toward current information security professionals. The certification is managed by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2, to recognize individuals who have distinguished themselves as experienced, knowledgeable, and proficient information security practitioners. CISSP certification also validates the maintenance of up-to-date knowledge and proficiency in the information security profession. Certification can enhance a professional's career and provide added IS credibility. The course covers the ten CISSP information systems security test domains relevant to the corresponding professional certification exam.
- Describe the principles for securing applications throughout the life cycle management process
- Define the basic concepts within cryptography
- Describe the access control concepts and methodologies
- Identify the laws and legal issues that are applicable to computer crime
- Perform business continuity planning
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.