In this course, you will learn the skills to secure a network and deter hackers. You will obtain a certification that confirms that you understand the security concepts, tools, and procedures to react to security incidents and are fully able to anticipate security risks and guard against them. You will become familiar with the terms used in a security-based context, learn to protect your system against privacy and integrity threats, and proactively safeguard against potential security threats.
By the end of this course you will be prepared to pass the Security+ certification exam.
- Achieve the CompTIA Security+ certification
- Learn effective ways to safeguard your systems
- Protect the privacy of your assets
- Recognize vulnerabilities
- Learn recovery and disaster control strategies
- Strengthen identity securities
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.