CyberCorps®: Scholarship for Service
The Scholarship for Service (SFS) Program is designed to recruit and train the next generation of cybersecurity professionals to meet the needs of Federal, State, local, and tribal government. This program provides scholarships for cybersecurity undergraduate and graduate (MS or PhD) education funded through grants awarded by the National Science Foundation (NSF). In return for the financial support, recipients must agree to work for the U.S. Government after graduation in a cybersecurity-related position, for a period equal to the length of the scholarship.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) partners with NSF and the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to provide institutions with funding towards scholarships for cybersecurity-related degree programs at two- and four-year colleges and universities.
If you are close to graduation, view a listing of Federal cybersecurity jobs available on USAJOBS.gov at the bottom of this page.
The SFS Program Includes:
- Up to 3 years of support for undergraduate and graduate (MS or PhD) education
- Academic-year stipends of $25,000 per year for undergraduate students and $34,000 per year for graduate students
- Tuition and education related fees (does not include items such as meal plans, housing, or parking)
- Professional allowance of $6,000 for SFS Job Fair and other travel, professional certification, etc.
- Participation in virtual and in-person job fairs in Washington, D.C.
- Post-graduation government service requirement for a period equivalent to the length of scholarship
For colleges and universities interested in the SFS program
Institutions interested in more information or looking to apply for an SFS award should visit the SFS program website. For faculty and government institutions with general questions, please visit the SFS website.
SFS Hall of Fame
The SFS program is proud to honor program graduates who exemplify the mission of the SFS program to improve the posture of cybersecurity in the government. Inductees are admitted into the SFS Hall of Fame based on nominations from their institutions and selection from a committee. Click here to view the SFS Hall of Fame.