Now Live: NEW Students’ Page
As summer winds down and the back-to-school sales begin, students will start to set goals for the future and form ideas around potential careers. With over one million open jobs in cybersecurity, we’re calling on educators, parents, and the community to help introduce cybersecurity careers to students. Our new Students’ Page helps students gain a better understanding of cybersecurity concepts and careers.
Explore. Inspire. Achieve.
Students can explore different jobs and learn how exciting a career in cybersecurity can be. Fun facts and concepts will inspire students to sign up for coding and security classes inside and outside school. Once you set your students on this course, the NICCS Students’ page will give them the path to achieve their goals!
Easy steps to get started:
- Visit https://niccs.us-cert.gov/formal-education/students-launch-your-cyber-career to preview student-focused cybersecurity career information.
- Download our Teacher’s Guide for step-by-step help in introducing the cybersecurity career field to your students.
- Print cybersecurity career profiles and hang them in your classroom and hallways.
- Share the NICCS Students’ Page link with your students, parents, and colleagues to spread the word about this new resource.
- Guide students towards other resources on the NICCS website like cybersecurity courses, extracurricular activities, scholarships, and top cyber schools.
- Are you inspired? Check out our teachers’ page to learn how you can bring cybersecurity into your classroom today (pssst it’s free!).
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency is committed to helping teachers inspire their students to pursue a career in cybersecurity. Take advantage of these fun, informative resources to help talk to your students about careers in cybersecurity and the steps it takes to become a cybersecurity professional.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need additional information.