The Cryptocurrency for Law Enforcement course is now LIVE on FedVTE!
Please log into your FedVTE account and check out our newest course here: https://fedvte.usalearning.gov/
This course covers the history, risks and legality of cryptocurrency as well as discusses what cryptocurrency items can be seized by law enforcement.
- Define cryptocurrency and compare it to traditional currency
- Describe the history of cryptocurrency
- State the elements of a cryptocurrency transaction and their roles
- Describe safety measures taken to protect cryptocurrency
- Identify items that serve as wallets for cryptocurrency and could be seized by law enforcement
- Evaluate apps and websites that could be linked to cryptocurrency
- Compare degrees of anonymity of various cryptocurrencies
- Compare legal and illegal uses of cryptocurrency
- Evaluate the legality of different cryptocurrency scenarios
- Identify notable cases of illegal uses of cryptocurrency found in recent headlines
Training Purpose: Investigate
Specialty Areas: Cyber Investigation, Digital Forensics
Training Proficiency Area: Level 1 - Basic